I am a seasoned professional and entrepreneur with 20 years experience working on building businesses, branding systems and a wide range of digital projects.
I am very passionate about digital transformation and business building, ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work.
Strategic thinker and doer in the areas of Business Design, Design Thinking, Business Development, Digital Strategy, Business Building, User Experience, and Creative Direction.
Honing critical experience working for international markets such as New York, Hamburg, Amsterdam, London, Barcelona, Santo Domingo, Madrid, Munich, and Berlin.
WHAT I DO:
- Human-centered design techniques (e.g. Design Thinking) to identify new market and business opportunities for startups or established companies
- User Experience design for the creation of new digital products (e.g. Experience Mapping, User Journey, Feature mapping, wireframing, prototyping… etc)
- Assistance in developing business cases using business data and triple bottom line principles
- Extensive consulting toolbox for facilitating workshops (e.g. Business Model Canvas, Jobs to be Done framework, Brand Canvas, Google design sprint…etc)
- Combine analytical, operational and creative skills to turn concepts into reality for a successful go-to-market or scale-up of a business (e.g. MVP building)
- Conceptualize and professionally communicate innovative business and strategies through high-quality client deliverables, e.g. for client workshops or meetings
- Team lead and direction for designers, interfacing with other stakeholders such as product/project managers, business consultants, and IT developers.
As a designer, I support corporate teams in identifying opportunities areas. Inspire them with (startup) best practices, user understanding through common ethnographic research, combined with less conventional lean validation methods. Another aspect is the workshop facilitation with relevant tools and techniques to come up with ideas and concepts.
RECONCILING PEOPLE, PLANET, PROFIT FOR NEW VENTURES
After the Triple bottom line manifesto, it has become clear and necessary to treat new ventures as a value creator in terms of wealth, but also the total impact it has in society and the environment. It is possible to align all three aspects to create better ventures.
Personally, I love working together with diverse and interesting people with a strong team environment (psychological safety) – especially when it comes to strategy and innovation. My passion is directed at working with both big organizations and startups alike. They can both learn a lot from each other.
At the core, I believe that magic happens when pairing business models with great technologies and human-centered design. Furthermore, I am always ready to challenge clients (and friends) to validate their assumptions and prototype their ideas before falling in love with them. Most of all, I do not believe in huge business plans that are based only on numbers and forget that humans are in itself a much more complex system.
But really, I simply just love designing better businesses.
Giving inspiring lectures and workshops about:
- Helping companies identify disruptive business models (business model innovation)
- Working with corporates to innovate like startups (lean practices adapted to the enterprise)
- Intrapreneurship programs with corporations
- Digital transformation