A seasoned professional and entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience building ventures, leading design teams, and turning digital projects into reality.
Hi, my name is Juan Tejeda.
I am a design manager and leader
Just like any other discipline, designers need leaders that will inspire them and help them develop professionally. After a long career in design, it is my duty to help young professionals to achieve the highest potential in their careers and get to the next level through guidance, coaching, challenges, and giving them a sense of purpose.
For the past 20 plus years, I have been a consultant and practitioner of Business Design, Design Thinking, User Experience Design, and Creative Direction for large and medium-sized companies, winning awards and acquiring valuable experience working in international markets such as New York, Hamburg, Amsterdam, London, Barcelona, Santo Domingo, Copenhagen, Oslo, Shanghai, Madrid, Stockholm, Berlin, and Munich.
What I do
- Analysis and synthesis of ethnographic research to derive insights while maintaining a delicate balance between business objectives and strategy
- Demonstrated success in transforming low-performing teams into high-performers
- Demonstrated success in developing highly collaborative and effective working relationships with stakeholders and multi-disciplinary teams
- Direct experience working with a wide range of service, experience, visual and product designers, as well as product managers and developers
- In-depth understanding of the design and development of digital products, including Lean, Agile methodologies, and venture-building
- Leading teams by having a clear vision of the outcome and in balance with the business objectives
- Providing guidance and coaching to younger designers to further their professional development and help them achieve the next level in their careers
- Setting-up career paths, professional development plans, and line management for younger designers
- Proficient in problem-solving using methods ranging from design thinking to McKinsey problem solving method
- BCGDV and McKinsey Alumni
I am a highly experience Design Director with over 20 years in the industry. Very adept to problem-solving methods, team leadership and finding creative solutions to eliminate obstacles, and leading cross-disciplinary teams.
Giving inspiring lectures and workshops about:
- Helping companies identify and build disruptive business models
- Working with corporate to innovate like startups (Lean practices adapted to the Enterprise)
- Entrepreneur programs with corporations
- Digital transformation programs